i> Away With The Fairies.: Philips Go Gear Continued.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Philips Go Gear Continued.

I was on the verge of taking my Philips Go Gear debacle to director level, when this card dropped through the letter box.

Now, when I receive a card entitled, 'We have a parcel for you.' I'm inclined to think someone has a parcel for me. It would have been nice if they'd let me know it was coming so I could have had a third day off to collect it but hey, at least they've decided to send me a brand new item to make amends.

I drive all the way to Cardiff. In truth, I was going there anyway.

It seems I'm not the only one confused by the card. The City Link guy goes to look for my package and comes back, points to the top right hand corner of the back of the card and says, "Sorry mate, we're supposed to be collecting a package from you."
Shortly there after, I again, had business in Cardiff so I dropped the package off for them. It was complete with a copy of the proof of purchase and a letter explaining all that had gone before and saying that, should they screw up again, this was going to director level.

The City Link employee goes off in search of my parcel.
He comes back empty handed. Meanwhile, Tickers, fitted with a working MP3 supplied by a more reliable manufacturer, is practicing dance moves, encouraged by the obvious security camera.

"I'm afraid I can't find it."

Tickersoid, "That's because it's right here in front of me, see?......You're collecting it from me, apparently there's a little tick in a box on the back which says so."

"Oh, in that case can you fill in this form for where it's going to."

Tickersoid, "No I can't, because you came to collect it from me, I didn't solicit this delivery, in fact, the first I knew of it was when your card arrived."

Missing City Link guy wanders off to find better trained colleague.

I'm beginning to loose the will to live........

15 Comments:

Blogger Snooze said...

bwa-hhahahahahahahaha.

Oh I would have pitched a complete fit if I went through all that hassle over a company's incompetence, but it's fun to read about when it's not happening to me.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

Contrary to the advice from all other life guru's. I believe in remaining unfocused. That way, these things are just entertaining side lines to the real life pursuits of singing and dancing.

1:29 PM  
Blogger BEAST said...

Ticks now I am confused....
1.What is Phillips Go Gear
2.Who is collecting what from Whom
3.When
4.and where

5:59 PM  
Blogger jungle jane said...

By the time you sort this out, MP3 will be obsolete.

I suggest you go to their headquarters and take your clothes off and then shove their MP3 player up your arse. I am certain this will get you the attention you deserve.

10:48 PM  
Blogger tfg said...

Everytime I show them my package at the post office, they throw me out.

12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fewclewz........
I'm not surprised that you are hitting this wall of incompetance. Humour in the intended victim is NEVER appreciated and they are far more experienced in handling, via a complete disregard, the victim's tantrums. Words of more than one sylabul don't work either as most "Service" personnel aren't aquianted with them, and time is wasted on explanation.
Violence is also frowned upon these days which is a pity, so you are left at the total mercy of the moron behind the counter who is only going to work in the first place to get paid, rather have any work related satisfaction.
I suggest that it would most likely be easier and in the end, probably cheaper to forget that you had ever purchased the MP3 player in the first place. Or be like me, still wondering what ever happened to 8 track tapes?????

2:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mr T!! How are you today? I think it is a complicated set up for a TV show along the lines of that Jeremy Beadle thing.. it could be couldn't it?

4:24 PM  
Blogger Z said...

See, this is why I don't deal with people. People (apart from you that is) suck. Whenever I find myself having to deal with companies of one sort or another I end up stressed and on the brink of manslaughter. I am ranting in my head now to save you from the foulness.

Also, another blog http://zombie-brain.blogspot.com I shall be the 'real' me here.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

Beast-

1.What is Phillips Go Gear

Philips Go Gear is a 2gb MP3 player.

2.Who is collecting what from Whom

That's the question that's confused every one. Missing City Link are supposed to be collecting the Mp3 to repair it.

3.When

That's already happened.

4.and where

They like you to take a day off and wait in all day in the vain hope they may just show up and collect it. I've pre-empted by delivering it to their depot.

Up to speed Beasty babes?

Jungle Jane- A philips Go Gear is totally the wrong shape for shoving up ones arse. It would not only gain their attention but their amazement.

TGF- It's reassuring to know it's not just me then.

Fewclewz- Our sister suggested the same thing. I'm enjoying the story so I'll stick with it.

Mutleythedog- Hi my chummy canine chum. I'm very upbeat today. You may well be right about the candid camera angle.

n ellis- welcome back. I don't stress about such things. As long as I can sing and dance I'm a happy hare.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

Shit! The imbeciles have escaped from the kingdom of Retardia!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

I shall be sure to use that phrase soon.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Z said...

I should really learn how to chill more. Any tips?

10:44 PM  
Blogger *DB* said...

Oh, the stupidity. The human gene pool is totally getting pissed in.

3:49 AM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

N Ellis- Try reading 'Tickers Little Book of Calm'.

Hey Lady- As with most things in business, it's down to poor management.

Did they select the right people? If they did, were they trained properly?
Why is the notification card so poorly writen that even their own employees misunderstand it? Do they have a system of feedback from the ground floor to show management their own weeknesess, so they can be corrected?

5:42 AM  
Blogger jungle jane said...

MESSAGE FROM TICKERSOID:

He asked me to let you all know that the electrical storm has fried his modem. He is going to be out of action for a while.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home