i> Away With The Fairies.: “A turd by any other name would still stink like shit” We’ll attribute this to William Shakespeare even though we know he didn’t say it.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

“A turd by any other name would still stink like shit” We’ll attribute this to William Shakespeare even though we know he didn’t say it.

The phone rings.

Tickersoid, “Hello?”

Cold Caller, “Hello, Is that Mr Tickersoid?”

Tickersoid, “Yes it is.”

Cold Caller, “ Hello, Mr Tickersoid, I’m Nigel from ‘Golden Solutions’, We administer Gold Solutions credit cards and we blah, blah, blah, blah,…..”

Tickersoid, “I’m sorry to interrupt you, but what did you say you were from?”

Cold Caller, “Golden Solutions…..”

Tickersoid, “Now stop right there, that’s where you lost me, ‘Golden Solutions’ the name just screams at me, ‘We’re full of shite’.

Tickersoid hangs up.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fewclewz.............
Ah, Tickers, you have your father's way about you. Strangely enough, so do I.......

1:33 AM  
Blogger Snooze said...

Would you have been more interested had it been Golden Showers?

11:05 AM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

Fewclewz- Yes, he wasn't one to be impressed by suggested images.

Snooze- Probably. Even though, for some reason, the very thought induces malignant images of poodles in my mind, I'd have to be impressed by any company that had the balls to use such a name, although, even so, I'm sure he still would have lost me at the blah, blah stage.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha! i would have done something similar. thank goodness we have don't call lists.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

I really ought to find out how to block these things.

5:04 PM  
Blogger BEAST said...

it all sounds rather thrilling to me, please give them my number next time they call

5:14 PM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

*lets out breath and drops head*

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home