i> Away With The Fairies.: Thought for the day 3.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Thought for the day 3.


There I was, on a brilliant Spring morning, having breakfast on the patio, overlooking the lush green valley of Pontnewynydd.
(I know it all sounds idyllic, but in truth, I was in effect, reluctantly, out of severe hunger, gnawing on charred flesh, a refugee from the acrid smoke in my kitchen and the piercing screech of my smoke alarm. )
When, the lyrics of Burt Bacharach came to me.

'What the World needs now is love sweet love.'

My brain was now in free fall. Wasn't it, 'Hot Chocolate' that believed, 'what the world needs now is a great big onion'? A totally different take on global requirements.
No, fool. It was Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell that thought, 'The World is just a great big onion'. I'm sure quite a few geologists might dispute that.
No, 'Hot Chocolate' felt that, 'what we need it a great big melting pot big enough to take the world and all it's got.
Presumably to make onion soup.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Mistress said...

Will Dionne Warwick be joining you for dinner?

12:43 AM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

Not if she has any taste buds!

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fewclewz............
Sounds like you were having a "Flashback" from your misguided youth!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

You always said the acid was no good for me.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Snooze said...

Dude! You are a nut. A loveable nut, but a nut nonetheless.

4:17 AM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

Why thank you ma'am. The nuttiness is in my genes, or at least it was last time I looked.

8:45 AM  
Blogger FirstNations said...

what the world needs now is chocolate and onions, and a big pot, and, and, some chocolate. and soup.

*wanders off*

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home