i> Away With The Fairies.: Cambridge University

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cambridge University


I've got a kind of smart arse tourettes. If a remotely funny, smug remark drops into my head, it's very rarely I can stop myself blurting it out, even at the most inappropriate times.

We're taking a tour of Churchill College Cambridge. In the library I spot a hideous sculpture. A kind of griffiny, deamony sort of thing with a stupid face. I try desparately not to say something derogatory. Think of something nice about it, I will myself.
No sooner had the answer popped into my head than it popped out of my mouth.

In the hushed corridore of this learned place I chirp,

"Nice arse!"

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has it got it's willy wrapped over it's right arse cheek?

7:10 PM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

I wondered the same thing. If you look carefully, you can see it's his tail wrapped around his/it's right thigh.....but you knew that...tee hee.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Frobisher said...

It is a nice arse - and it looks like its going to shit in the waste bin

11:10 PM  
Blogger The Mistress said...

Come over to mine to see an even nicer arse.

4:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bollocks!

By which I mean, although it is a nice arse, it does look more like a big pair of bollocks.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

Frobisher- Unfortunate juxtaposition.

MJ- We only have Frobi's word that it's Beast's arse.

Qenny- I didn't think I'd get away with saying, 'nice bollocks'.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a cheat on me, and we loved you!

1:49 AM  
Blogger MommyHeadache said...

oh bollocks, I have smart arse tourettes too..I was just hoping it would fade with age but you've proved me wrong. Crapola.

1:56 AM  
Blogger FirstNations said...

does it deter crime? i feel deterred just looking at it.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It is a nice arse - and it looks like its going to shit in the waste bin"

My thoughts exactly, a tidy wooden griffon thingy. I wonder how long it took to house train it?

7:14 PM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

anon'- What?

Emmak- It gets worse with age as you fear less.

First Nations- It deters late book returns.

Rimshot- Perhaps the waste bin is the alternative to house training.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

Ooh, I've been guilty of that smart-arse disease. I once went to a barbeque at a friend's friend's place. When I left, I told the host how nice the bread rolls were. And I said "Mmm...great buns".

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home