The recently published 'The Observer Book of the Body', has listed ten outlandish laws about the body.
- In vermont, women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.
- 'Female breasts', according to the Arizona Supreme Court, don't constitute 'private parts'.
- In Merryville Missouri, women are prohibited from wearing corsets because 'the privilege of admiring th curvaceous, unencumbered body of a young woman should not be denied to the normal , red blooded American male'.
- In Massachusetts, an old ordinance declares goatees illegal unless a special license fee is paid for the privilege of wearing one in public.
- In the UK, no boy under the age of 10 may see a naked mannequin.
- A pregnant British woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants - even, if she so requests, in a policeman's helmet.
- In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless in public unless she works as a clerk in a tropical-fish store.
- In Singapore, people are forbidden from walking around their houses naked.
- In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a womans genitals but is forbidden from looking directly at them during the examination; he may only see their reflection in a mirror.
- In Indonesia, the penalty for masturbation is decapitation.