i> Away With The Fairies.: I'll pass on the menage-a-trois thank you.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I'll pass on the menage-a-trois thank you.


For straight young men in the 1970's, the menage a trois was considered the holy grail of sex. Perhaps not so much for the experience but more for the heightened status one might achieve amongst ones peers.

Ginny was a very close friend. Voluptuous, hard drinking, union militant, rock chick from a middle class family. We've laughed, cried and spent much time with each other. Someone to share a glance with without having to speak.
On this particular Saturday night in the lounge of the 'Old Arcade' we were in different groups. I was with my mate Rick at a window table whilst she was standing, as always, at the bar with the guys.
As I went up to the bar to order another round, she intercepted me and asked,

"Tickers, I'm far more 'hammered and stoned' than you've ever seen me before, will you promise me you'll make sure I get home OK?"

She was important to me so I'd have said 'yes' under any circumstances, but with the 'two men to every eligible girl' ratio that existed at the time, the chances of me 'pulling' were relatively slim, so it didn't seem much of a sacrifice.

Later, whilst ordering my next round she asked me again. I reassured her she was safe, I'd not forget her. To be honest, I was flattered that out of all the guys she knew, I was the one she trusted to see her right.

It was about half a pint later when Betty Boop, the girl I considered to be the sexiest lady on the planet, bounced up to me in her usual effervescent style and asked, without pre-amble, if I'd like to spend a night of passion in bed with her and her friend Liz.

*blinks*

My thoughts exploded into many different directions. Imagining them both naked, wondering where, what about Ginny, could I subcontract my responsibilities? And how this might be a once in a life time opportunity.

"I'm sorry Betty, can't do it tonight, I promised Ginny I'd make sure she got home OK."

I couldn't believe the words that came out of my mouth. Would they take a rain check I wondered, but didn't have the nerve to ask.

Betty turned to Rick, "How about you Rick?"

Rick had just lifted his pint of Brains SA and didn't react other than to slowly sup his ale. Equally slowly he placed his drink back down on the bar mat and replied,

"Err, no thanks Betty."

She didn't stop to argue and moved instead to the guys at the bar.

I looked at Rick. I knew he hadn't had sex for some time so I waited for an explanation which didn't come.

"Rick, what's wrong with you? I'd have thought you'd jump at the chance."

"Thing is.." He mused, "...I don't find Liz very attractive."

True she wasn't the prettiest girl, I learned later that she'd been complaining to Betty she couldn't give herself away, Betty had kindly, but very unconventionally, offered to 'throw herself in' to increase the value of the 'Liz package'.

"Never mind that, what about the 'box ticking' factor and what about Betty herself?"

"To be honest" he said, still with no trace of excitement in his voice, "Betty terrifies me."

I couldn't argue with that.

-----------------------------------------
Months later I did get the opportunity to 'tick the box' but reality is often very different to fantasy. With my 'blokes' inability to multitask, and being a little overwhelmed by the event, I was unable to rise to the occasion. I resolved never to repeat the experience.

25 Comments:

Blogger Divian said...

Wow! I have never had a menage a trois...never wanted to. I guess that is more of a fantasy for men than women. I did know some girls in college that did that. They were both philipino and very attractive. They came from VERY well to do families and almost each night they would team up with two guys on the (american) football team and have at it...they would all swap and be done.

I always thought it was whorish what they did and often referred to them as sluts. But I bet the dudes loved it!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

The disgusting tarts!!!

Er....you don't happen to still have their addressess do you? :D

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you dirty lucky bastard tickers What about the jar of silver paint?

4:52 PM  
Blogger Tazzy said...

one of a man's fanatsy the other so i have been informed by a male friend is that it is every young man's fantasy to make love to an older woman

is that true??

7:28 PM  
Blogger DogMa said...

HA!
Sorry about that, but it was funny.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

Ed Shot- Nice to see you in the blogosphere, The jar of paint will be my next post.

Midget Arse- Most probably. In my experience most men have fullfilled that one.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

Dogma- You can't win them all.

9:20 PM  
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

How interesting that nobody was interested!

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I would find it all a bit too crowded, too.
Also, I'm quite meticulous person. I can't drink while I eat.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Snooze said...

What a fantastic story - and I'm very impressed that you resisted in order to keep your word to your friend. However, the best part is the postscript. That is the best confession.

1:49 AM  
Blogger The Mistress said...

Wonders why Midget Arse wants to know about the younger man/older woman fantasy. Snigger.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

Chickybabe- Real life is never as simple as it first seems.

Funny Thing- Nope, you've lost me there:)

Snooze- I always feel that people and in particular men should be cognesent about the way things really are and relax about sex more. It doesn't always go smoothly but that's OK.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

Naughty MJ!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

Was the 'months later' dalliance with Betty & Liz, or two different girls?

I've 'ticked the box' too, although not with females, obviously. And like you, I found it a lttle 'overwhelming'. It seems it's highly overrated.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

No it wasn't Betty and Liz. It was Leather Lass and Pete.

Bollox, I'm gonna get some stick for that on my next shift at the steelworks.

10:45 PM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

Sounds like it was stressful for you, actually. It's funny how one man's trash is another's treasure...

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I knew it tickers!!!!!
If only I’d read this this morning. As you said you will get some shit (hopefully not Pete’s) tomorrow. I have so much work to do now copying and pasting this blog to everyone in the steelworks. It's a good job they put me on days so as I can spread the word.
All readers out there I have the pleasure to work with this bloke he is everything you all seem say about him but also quite strange at times.
I look forward each day to reading this blog and wonder when I’ll get a mention. It’s a claim to have our name published on this blog.
Keep up the good work Tickers
Ed

6:31 PM  
Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

Hi Ed!

C'mon Tickers, post a story about Ed.

Please?

6:37 PM  
Blogger QChique said...

Great story as usual. Curious isn't it, seems there aren't so many men who can rise to the occasion so to speak when and if this particular common fantasy is realized. I suppose those who are, could find themselves wanting to do so in a professional capacity. I suppose it in the future it may go better with four participants rather than three so no one has to be without entertainment. There's a thought.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

Phlegmfatal- Not half as stressful as going in to work tomorrow is going to be.
Bring it on guys:-)

Ed Shot- Bastard! Hope you get gout in your typing fingers.
See me tomorrow about a story, I bet there's a good one involving Boomer.

IDV- We'll see what turns up.

Qchique- Nice to see you again. A few people came up to me today to say they'd ticked that box but had to agree it hadn't been a good experience.
I agree four would be better. (although I'm not into group sex at my age)
At least one of you wouldn't end up just handing around the oranges at half time.

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I've ticked all the boxes. Three ways, fourgies, the lot.

Surely you won't get any stick from your fellow steelworkers for being involved in a spitroast?

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Half a crate of Cider or not, to anyone that can answer the following Question.

What is the name of the Tickers boss in the steelworks?

Qenny just you wait for the news headlines on the bloggers guide to putting your foot in it.

By the way you should see him at 3am he looks like one of them nodding dogs you see on the rear shelf of a car.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

Qenny- I know these guys, they'll pretend to choose to believe what it amuses them to believe.

Ed Shot- I know, I know, 'Captain Manwaring'.
Why only half a crate?

5:30 AM  
Blogger CP said...

When I was dating my husband, I offered him the opportunity to tick the box with a friend of mine. We were about 30 seconds into it, when...um, it ended for him. The excitement was too much. My friend left the room at that point. We've been laughing about him "blowing" the opportunity ever since.

Not surprisingly, he never asked for an encore. He can scarcely handle me alone...

CP.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

Sonds like 'Hotband' is to be envied.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home