i> Away With The Fairies.: Christmas Spirit.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas Spirit.

Little Miss is at her best when she has a new challenging project. I ask her to spray snow the front room window with the words,

Santa is a house breaking hoodie.
She knows it has to be written back wards and evenly. As I anticipate, she does an outstanding job.
A couple of weeks later, my landladies, teenage daughter tells me her school friends think it's 'Wicked!'.

Eventually, I get an anonymous but polite note through my letter box on the lines of, "It would be appreciated if you'd clean your front window as some of the locals with younger children feel it may be upsetting to them."

After some thought, I conclude that they may have a point and clean it. That wasn't my first reaction.



9 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

And here was I thinking the Welsh were famous for their sense of humour...just like the English are famous for their sense of irony!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Hayden said...

too funny! sad not to keep it, but....

7:53 PM  
Blogger Snooze said...

What a hilarious sign - but I think it's nice that you responded to the note. Anonymous notes drive me mad, but at least it was politely written.

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The welsh aren't humourous and the English aren't ironic - the West country is famous for humour, irony and little knitted pies as well! Now what could be better? (also we have radiation!)

12:32 AM  
Blogger Divian said...

I think that I would have been tempted to spray more than seasonal sentiments on the window after that!

Beginning with the letter F and ending with U. That would teach em! So what was your first reaction? :)

3:57 PM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

Lippy-Welsh...humour....I can only think of one Welsh comic....Two if you include Max Boyce.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

Hayden- Welcome to Ticksters land. I know, but sometimes you have to consider all the implications.

Snooze- Exactly how I viewed it.

Mutleythedog-Crochette pasties are my favourites.

Awaiting- You're so sexy when you talk dirty!

9:25 PM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

ya know, children young enough to still believe in Santa probably don't actually read THAT well yet. Still, it was a kindness to remove it - it was a funny thing to write, though.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

My first reaction to anonymous notes is usually something along the lines of "grow some balls!". But I like that you gave it "some thought".

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home