i> Away With The Fairies.: Charity

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Charity

It has been scientifically proven that the endorphin release induced by altruism is greater than that caused by wealth.

Put simply, it really is better to give than to receive.

To this end I’ve been looking around for a charity to subscribe to.

Something that’s always made me feel better during hard times is that, no matter how bad things are, if I’d just been released after five years of routine torture in some godforsaken foreign prison, I’d feel bloody ecstatic.

So I’ve joined Amnesty International. Whether you have more time than money or vice versa, you can still input.

So make yourself happy whilst also helping others. If you haven't already done so, Join a charity today.

10 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Good work!

I support AI too, although money only, I'm too much of a wimp to do the letter writing thing, which is pretty shameful!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Frobisher said...

Good idea, I give to Water aid every month, can't afford much but if everyone did the same it would make a hell of a difference

4:40 PM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

Shame on me really for only just starting.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am already a member of AI, and the Canine Defense League (Never put a healthy dog down) **Grins winsomely** I was re- homed five times before finding my current owner who has had me for 11 years. I was rescued by the RSPCA from a back garden dog fightin arena. This is really true. Nevertheless, I was set for destruction as impossible before I was given to a NCDL re-homing centre. The RSPCA did try hard but they did not really appreciate how disturbed I was. Thats why they made five mistakes. At one home they tried I killed the other family pets - it was my mistake. It needed some one as mad as me to take me on. I still like to fight and bite. But I am 14 years old now, so I like to doze as well..

11:45 PM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

In a bed sit?

12:33 AM  
Blogger Tickersoid said...

Fewclewz.

I so respect that, and yes I've never had spare dosh before.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Divian said...

Good for you! :) I will have to look into some local charities around here. I does feel good to give.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

For real, Tickers?

Oh, OK. Seeing as how everyone else has admitted to it: I give to the World Wildlife Fund and Cancer research.

There, I hope you're happy?

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Excellent choice!

I've been a member of both Amnesty and Greenpeace for about 15 years now.

You chose wisely.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Snooze said...

Good for you! There's a cause out there for everyone. I support my local pub.

[okay, I work for a non-profit. I really should do some pure volunteer work though]

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home